Summer is approaching, but that doesn’t mean you have shun sunlight. Instead, lets discuss the four hallmarks of a real sun goddess.
- Know every inch of their domain
- Embrace their element
- Thrive in the sunlight
- Enjoy self-care rituals
Sunlight Domain Knowledge
Vitamin D creation for bones and immune system strengthening; also promotes healthy cell growth.
Helps to modulate circadian rhythms and decrease seasonal affective disorder.
Too much sun exposure causes damage to the cells there. Repeated damage to skin cells makes it harder for skin’s natural killer cells to destroy cancerous cells that crop up in everyone from time to time.
Elements of the Sun
- Not all rays are created equal. Sun’s rays are made up of UVA and UVB rays. UVB rays are the dangerous, burning rays.
- 10 am – 3 pm are the times of the day when UVB rays are at their strongest.
- Sunscreen – always use an SPF 15, but if you’ve had cancer or pre-cancerous cells, use a higher SPF
- Sunglasses – make sure they filter UV light.
Thrive in Sunlight
A little sun exposure in the early morning or late in the afternoon (think 10 -15 minutes) is all you really need for Vitamin D and the wellness benefits of the sun, but don’t forget to add the sunscreen right after your short duration of exposure.
Enjoy self-care rituals
Make yourself a skin-healing, cell-regenerative daily blend to promote healthy cell turnover and reduce free radicals.
Great Carrier Oils for Sun Care
- Avocado Oil – cell regenerative & high vitamin D & light UV protection
- Macadamia Nut Oil – highly regenerative & easy absorption & healing
- Pomegranate Seed Oil – reduces free radicals
- Rosehip Seed Oil – High in fatty acids & great for weathered skin
- Apricot Kernel Oil –Excellent absorption & extends oil life
Great Essential Oils for Skin Care
- Palmarosa – stimulates cell regeneration
- Carrot Seed – rejuvenates the liver and thus the skin
- Roman Chamomile – cooling, harmonizing, & anti-inflammatory
- Frankincense – excellent for dry and damaged skin
- Lavender – wonderful for all skin conditions
- Ylang Ylang – Cooling & Anti-Inflammatory
Try It! After—Sun Face Serum Recipe!
Ingredients: (makes a ½ oz dropper bottle of face serum)
- 2 tablespoons Avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons Macadamia nut oil
- 2 tablespoons Apricot Kernel oil
- 2 tablespoons Rosehip Seed oil
- ¼ teaspoon Pomegranate Seed oil
- 5 drops of essential oil, your choice!